- How would you title what you do professionally?
Anna Kwan (BSc, ACSM) Health and Fitness specialist at Tangram Wellness.
- What is your professional background?
I’ve spent the last decade in London running a weight management company for clients in the city of London. (www.theweightogo.co.uk) This consisted of Personal training and dietary advice for weight loss.
- What is your philosophy on being fit and healthy?
Maintaining a strong and able body through healthy nutrition and exercise will help create positivity in all aspects of life.
- What are your specialities in training and the science behind it?
Weight Management, Pre and Post-natal Exercise and Endurance fitness training. I design bespoke, scientifically devised programs for all clients.
- What helps you to stay motivated?
Feeling good! Exercising and eating well makes you feel amazing!
- Who or what gives you the most inspiration?
My dad. After being diagnosed with cancer, he trained for and completed his first marathon. He never gave up.
- What does a typical day look like?
I’m up early and out to my morning clients. I usually run with my first clients and so cannot eat much beforehand unfortunately. I will have 2-3 clients in the morning and travel to each one which can be tiring. I ensure I keep fuelled up on the go and drink plenty of water! I usually have a client or 2 at lunchtime and then my afternoon is my free time to spend answering emails, planning sessions and researching my areas. I’m with clients again early evening but then try not to work too late as I like to spend time with my hubby, eat and relax!
- What are your 3 tips for making a workout effective?
Always engage the core, work as many muscle groups as possible, endorphins and sweat complete a workout!
- Fueling your body for workouts and keeping lean takes a lot of work, what is a typical meal for you?
I love seafood and zingy Asian flavours. Luckily my husband is a great cook, and we like to experiment with our cooking. It usually tends to involve fish with lots of lemon and garlic and tons of green vegetables.
- Why do you love PureVitality Nutrition Concepts?
Good nutrition for a healthy body and mind is of utmost importance to me!
- So where can everyone keep up with you and learn more?